Snow Day and Delay Policy
Because our students reside in a large geographical area, many factors are considered before the school is closed. The closing of Alba, Mancelona, Gaylord, Kalkaska or Bellaire schools does not automatically mean that NCA is closed. Please pay attention to the notification platforms listed below to verify if we are closed or running on schedule.
- School Messenger: you will receive a call via the School Messenger system for all snow days. These calls are prefaced with a pre-recorded, automated message. The system contacts the numbers listed for home, mother’s day phone and father’s day phone. If you are not getting School Messenger calls, you will need to contact the office and update your telephone information.
- Television: Watch for our closings on 9&10 News and/or 7&4/TV 29&8
- Radio: Keep an ear tuned to the local radio stations including WTCM, WLIN, WKPK, WKHQ, and the Interlochen NPR station.
- Facebook: Closings will also be listed on our school Facebook page. If you do not already follow us, head on over to the site and give us a like!
- We will make every effort to have notifications sent out by 6:00 a.m. to give families ample time to make arrangements. Please understand that while we strive to adhere to this schedule, there may be times when notifications are released later in the morning.